My dad loved music, and I’m just like him. When I was thirteen, he took me to a Jazz festival, and I instantly fell in love with the genre.
At the age of eighteen, I started listening to a lot of jazz and blues music. "The King of the Blues" B. B. King still remains my favourite blues artist. His album with Eric Clapton ‘Riding with the King’ is my all-time favourite.
Today I watched Lightening In A Bottle, a documentary on the blues. With such a fantastic line-up of artists, it is a must-watch for any blues fan.
All the men played wonderful guitar, but I was completely in awe of Bonnie Raitt. It’s so inspiring to watch her perform!
The documentary was definitely worth watching, and I was smiling gleefully from ear to ear the entire time.
Here are 15 of my favorite vocal jazz/blues songs (in no particular order, I love them all) :
1. ‘Old Love’ by Eric Clapton :
2. ‘The Thrill Is Gone’ by B. B. King :
3. ‘How Blue Can You Get’ by B. B. King :
4. ‘Three O’clock Blues’ by B. B. King :
5. ‘Key To The Highway’ by B. B. King & Eric Clapton :
6. ‘Come Rain Or Come Shine’ by B. B. King & Eric Clapton :
7. ‘Days Of Old’ by B. B. King & Eric Clapton :
8. ‘Hold On I’m Coming’ by B. B. King & Eric Clapton :
9. ‘Ten Long Years’ by B. B. King & Eric Clapton :
10. ‘Dream A Little Dream Of Me’ by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong :
11. ‘Georgia On My Mind’ by Ray Charles :
12. ‘Here We Go Again’ by Norah Jones & Ray Charles :
13. ‘The Girl from Ipanema’ by Astrud Gilberto, João Gilberto & Stan Getz :
14. ‘Come Away With Me’ by Norah Jones :
15. ‘Don’t Know Why’ by Norah Jones :
There are so many other songs I’d like to add to the list, but that would make the article never-ending.
Do listen to the songs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Thank you for reading! Stay blessed!