Fear is defined as a strong, uncontrollable, unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger or threat.
Fear can paralyze a person. It can make a person lie. It can create fights. It can ruin dreams. It can destroy relationships. It can destroy lives.
When we are constantly afraid, of either a person or a situation, we sabotage any chances of living a happy, peaceful life.
True, life isn’t always positive, but fear only makes it worse.
Stoicism is defined as a means of understanding the natural state of things, and as a means of freeing oneself from emotional distress.
Fear setting, instead of goal setting :
Tim Ferris speaks about how fear setting, based on the principles of stoicism, can help you tackle fear in the wisest manner possible.
How to tackle your fears :
1. Meditate and breath deeply, peacefully reasoning with your fears.
2. Write down 3 things you are grateful for, and 3 worst case scenarios.
3. Keep reminding yourself that you can tackle only the things which are in your control, and that it is futile to worry about anything else.
4. Share your worries and fears with a friend or a therapist.
5. Let go, relax. Go dancing, meet friends, watch television, have some fun!
Let us all strive to be honest, to be wise, to love and to be loved, without any fear.
I wish each one of you, a happy, fearless life! Hugs!
Thank you for reading! Stay blessed!