Women! I'm sure most of you'll love the kinds of movies which end with 'and they lived happily ever after'.
I love watching them! I get this crazy high, and start dreaming about the perfect guy, the perfect wedding and the perfect marriage.
If you're like me, snap out of it, and get back to reality!
It usually never is that way, it's all a lie.
My experience :
When I was dating the narcissist, whose abuse I keep talking about, I noticed a few red flags in the first month itself. (The relationship lasted only for a few months, but it left scars which took years to heal).
After noticing the red flags, I had made a decision to break up with the jerk. (This was at a stage when the threatening and abuse hadn't begun yet, so I thought he'd understand, and it would be a peaceful breakup.)
After taking that wise decision (but before implementing it), I watched the movie 'A Walk to Remember', again, and that ruined my plan.
I thought, and I kid you not, that just like 'Landon Carter', who was a bully, my ex would change, and treat me like a queen (like he did when he was trying to convince me to date him).
I remember thinking to myself - 'He keeps telling me that I changed him, so maybe he's telling me the truth after all. It's better that I ignore these red flags, because he's a changed man. Damn, I'm such an awesome girlfriend.'
Gosh, I was so young, dumb and blind!
What I've learnt from my stupidity :
1) Romantic movies are highly misleading.
2) Men lie through their teeth when they try to convince a woman to date them. Narcissists, even more. Nothing new, right? But boy, are they good actors!
3) Guys never change! If they are jerks, they'll remain jerks!
4) No girl should take it upon themselves to change them either.
5) No girl should believe a guy who says that he's changed, or that the girl has changed him.
6) If you notice any red flags in your guy, RUN, WOMAN, RUNNNNNN!!
Every girl dreams of having the perfect relationship, and thereafter, the perfect marriage.
But they forget the fact that that requires two perfect human beings. Truth is, nobody is perfect, and hence, nobody can remain happy forever.
Also, this world is full of ruthless bastards, who are waiting to pounce upon your innocent heart, and break it into a million pieces, as they dance around the devil's fire.
Trust me, ladies, stop believing those romantic movies, they're all a lie!