Have you ever come across songs that you used to listen to regularly years ago, and wondered how/why they disappeared from your playlists? In my case, my younger brother secretly deleted certain songs from my music folders on the laptop - songs he felt were terrible. (After all these years he's finally shamelessly admitted to deleting them. Brothers! *eye roll*)
I've happily added the following songs back to my playlists, and I've been singing, dancing and jumping to them like the true weirdo that I am *wink* :
1. 'This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race' by Fall Out Boy :
2. 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs' by Fall Out Boy:
3. 'Dance, Dance' by Fall Out Boy :
4. 'First Date' by blink-182 :
5. 'I Miss You' by blink-182 :
6. 'All The Small Things' by blink-182 :
7. 'What's My Age Again' by blink-182:
8. 'If I Let You Go' by Westlife :
9. 'Against All Odds' by Westlife :
10. 'I Wanna Grow Old With You' by Westlife :
11. 'Seasons In The Sun' by Westlife :
12. 'Don't Matter' by Akon :
13. 'Lonely' by Akon :
14. 'Fuck You' by Lily Allen :
15. 'Smile' by Lily Allen :
The one song of Westlife which my siblings and I used to love when we were young was 'Uptown Girl' - it was such a fun song. I never realized that most of their songs (at least the ones I've mentioned above) had such a sad vibe to them - whenever I sing them, I feel like I'll start crying at any moment. Hahaha. Nonetheless, they're awesome!
I've listened to all these songs on repeat for the past few weeks, and sometimes it gets a little irritating because they get stuck in my head for days - I get up in the morning singing them, or suddenly start humming them in the middle of the day. I then start hating the songs because they end up giving me a headache. To remedy the situation, I stop listening to them for a week or two, and they finally disappear from my head. And that, my friends, is how you make peace with songs you really love. Haha. (I blabber a lot, thank you for noticing. *wink*)
Do listen to the songs, they're all awesome!
Thank you for reading! Stay blessed!